As parents ourselves, we know what you need to feel comfortable on vacation. Red Creek Cottage comes with lots of amenities for parents and children of all ages. For your peace of mind please know that we have baby-proofed the cottage and prohibit smoking indoors.
- child-proofed cabinets and electrical outlets
- safety gate for top of stairs
- First-aid kit and directions to the local hospital are provided
- a pack-n-play
- booster chair
- toys and games for toddlers to teens
- family-friendly DVDs
- Wireless internet connection (Wi-Fi)
- a long swing on a tree
- room to play outside for hours
- the streambed to explore gravel roads to hike on (with Mom or Dad)
- great roads around the countryside of the west shore of Seneca for day bike trips for older kids and their parents. More about hiking and biking trails here.
- outdoor games like badminton, volleyball and croquet
- We do not have a dock, but a public launch is located less than 3 miles north of the cottage at Severne Point on Severne Point Road, off Route 14, 8 miles south of Dresden. Hard surface ramp; parking for 12 cars and trailers. Good winter launch site. Operated by the DEC. More information about boating here.
- see Area Attractions for things to do around town
The beach is shale (flat rocks of various sizes), which can be slippery, and sharp if they are turned on their side. Because of that, and the and the bit of zebra mussels (not a lot), we reccommend swim shoes.
The shallow water off the beach extends out about 50 feet. Once it starts getting deeper there is a lot of Asian millfoil, a non-native water weed, that almost every cottage in the Finger Lakes has to deal with. Older kids who are good swimers can take an inflatable boat out past the weeds and swim off that.
- shallow water for wading and swimming
- an inflatable boat, plus 2 canoes
- fishing gear. Fishing license required.
- 7 life jackets in adult sizes medium, large and X-large; 2 small childrens life jackets